- Off the top of my head (without checking the list), I think I only saw two of the movies which actually won anything — Little Miss Sunshine, and Happy Feet. And both (despite having positive aspects) were disappointments. Then again, the trailers for Happy Feet were so impressive that it would’ve been hard not to disappoint.
- I assume that they planned to use the James Bond theme during the dancers-make-a-gun bit, then found out that there are rights even the Oscars can’t get. I liked the dancer bits, by the way.
- Gotta hurt to be whoever does the music for the Spider-Man movies, for the Spider-Man TV theme to be used to usher on the stars of your films.
- Global warming scored well (best docu, best animated, best song). Was expecting the big Gore gag to be him announcing that his next film is a buddy-cop movie.
- James Doohan is, yes, a man many of us enjoyed and remembered… but for his TV work. He seems to minor in the film world to be included on the death tribute.
- It ran over. Mucho over. What a shock. (Would’ve been much shorter if Ellen had realized that Clint Eastwood is not a man to nod and smile and just go along with your routine.)
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://natstv.wordpress.com/2007/02/26/post-oscar-thoughts/trackback/