For what I think is the first time, I’m crafting a meatloaf that is for more than just the immediate family. Sharing the eating of this meal will be my in-laws, Allison’s Papa Bill and Gramma Chrissy.
Not doing much different with this one. I’m sticking mostly with tried-but-true ingredients:
- 20 oz of ground turkey
- lots of jasmine rice
- more raisins that I probably should’ve included
- raisin bran, probably not needed
- sweet corn
- taco seasoning (taken from a taco kit – when we have tacos, we only really need the shells, because we use a vegan taco mix that includes the seasoning, but often the kit is the cheapest way to the shells)
- taco sauce (ditto)
- spaghetti sauce (on top)
First time ingredients:
- soy sauce (just a few packets, swiped from friends who are given way too much when they get take-out sushi)
- crunchy chinese noodles, crushed (well, crumbled)
- 10 oz ground sirloin
It’s in the oven now. I’ll let you know if everyone survives.
Added later: turned out to be one of the most successful attempts. Most of it was eaten, and everyone has survived!