Google has been testing cars that drive themselves. That is the future I’ve been demanding, and will do much for safety and fuel efficiency.
But here’s what I expect from a Google interface for your car:
- You will be able to invite up to 50 friends to get into your car with you.
- At turnpike entrances, you’ll have to choose between the Speedpass lane and the Google Checkout lane.
- Your car will start heading off from the moment you start saying your destination, zooming you towards San Diego before you can get to the “Luis Obispo” part of your goal.
- At first, it will refuse to take you to locations similar to ones you’ve already visited.
- You will have to turn off Moderate Safe Search in order to be taken to the Gaylord Texan Resort or the Butt-Holdsworth Memorial Library.
- Or you can just climb in the car and say “I feel lucky!”
I am looking forward to Google-driven cars, to replace all those Yahoo-driven vehicles already on the road.