- Me: Hey, that company that bought out that company that I used to prepare material for? They’ve cut all their employees back to being paid minimum wage plus stock.
- Mrs. Nat’s TV: (momentarily puzzled) Stock?
- Me: Yeah, they’re cutting back to minimum wage, plus giving them some stock.
- Mrs. Nat’s TV: (pause) Oh, company stock.
- Me: (trying to figure out what image got stuck in her brain) No, they’re getting paid in beef stock.
- Mrs Nat’s TV: (silent glower)
- Me: Hey, I know a guy who used to get paid in beef stock. Now he’s a bullionaire!